Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Michael: Going Without


White cross on the road.
No idea who it’s for
Yet it’s worrisome.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Speaking of Lent, which I know very little about but am semi participating in, I’ve also unintentionally given up the net for a few days and home phone service for a couple of weeks.

These are a few more odd parallels between Panama and Topanga. In Panama the net would go out periodically; maybe once every few months, and when that happened there also wasn’t any phone service as the phone and wi-fi were connected. That’s also going to be how it works here. AT&T doesn’t reach up into the hills of Topanga without wi-fi.

I’m only hoping once it’s in, it’ll be a bit more reliable than it was in Panama. When it went out we’d have to walk about a mile into town to a hotel that had an internet café. Here, we’ll have to walk about the same distance to get to the Topanga Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment