Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Michael: 20 Minutes of Flight


She sleeps with her head
Resting on my lower back
And breathes its rhythms.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

After a 50 miler in January followed up by a 100k in February, you’d think that a measly 5k would be a walk in the park. And that’s just the problem; I worry that it could end up being a walk in the park.

Although I didn’t achieve either of my time goals in the longer races so far this year, I did finish, and finished reasonably well enough to feel I at least accomplished some of my objectives. But for a 5k just finishing doesn’t bring any congeniality points with it. It’s all about the time. And for me that time is under 20 minutes.

That means running at a pace I haven’t felt comfortable running at for a few years. And that’s where the nervousness of seizing up and embarrassingly walking in comes in to play. And on top of that we had a somewhat unanticipated move which has involved baby sitting our dog which has cut into my speed work.

I know, I know, life happens to everyone and all things considered I’m a pretty lucky person to be in a position to have the resources and time to train and compete. And I want to compete and do well and not let this race become a walk in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment