Monday, March 25, 2019
Michael: The Tried and True
She has a sharp edge
That she sometimes hides behind
The beauty of youth.
Monday, March 25, 2019
Spring is in the air and REI has sent out our dividends and 20% discount on one full price item and one outlet item so it’s time to look for some new footwear and attire.
Many runners rightfully give the good advice to stock up on the tried and true. Advice that I’ve ignored pretty much because I only have two feet and there’s always so many new shoes to try out there. Right now I’d love to try out the Saucony Switchbacks because I’m keen on trying out trail shoes again that have a BOA lacing system. The North Face had some years ago when they first got into shoes, but they just didn’t work for me. Nothing against BOA, I just don’t think TNF had shoe fit dialed in just yet (pun intended). But generally, I’ve always had good experiences with Sauconys.
I also have a hankering for Arcteryx’s Norvan SLs because they’re new to the shoe market and the SLs seem to be as advertised; super light, and I love the bright in your face orange. But my hesitancy is that super light shoes in the past have always caused me super pain whenever I’ve run over a rocky surface and even with a discount the price tag is pretty steep.
So my reluctant decision is to wait on the Saucony’s and to order another pair of Hoka Torrents, but in a different color then my very nice green. This past year they have kept me unbelievably comfortable up to distances of 50k. I’m sure I’ll delve back into the realm of fantasy and try on a few new glass slippers in the future, but the Torrents are just too much of a made in heaven match for my feet to look past them right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment