Monday, April 29, 2019

Michael: Monday's Off


The potato bug
Is a very puzzling
Odd looking creature.

Monday, April 29, 2019

The “how old is too old” kind of resonates with me as, like Trump, I sometimes want to kid myself into believing that I’m a vibrant young man.

But I’m not.

I’m a vibrant middle aged man and I’m willing to live with the slight compromises that entails.

One of those being that I simply need more rest than I use to. Only a few years ago, when I was going through whether to retire or not at the age of 55, I was able to maintain a streak of working out every day for over two years.

Now at 60 and only working 4 days a week, I’m practically comatose on Mondays. And whereas before I’d fight through it both because I worked and was stubborn, now I’ve surrendered and just given up even thinking about getting anything done on Mondays; unless you count walking the dog, which maybe I’ll do when I’m just a tad older.

No comments:

Post a Comment