Friday, October 9, 2020

La Bruja

 The birds with the bobbles

Skittle across the trail

Like merry old men.

 Thursday, October 8, 2020

 Today was only the third time this year I rode Las Flores. It’s my ying-yang least-favorite ride.

 Why? Because it’s painful and I’m always wondering if the last time I made it up that beast will be the last time my stubbornness of only using a 36-28 gear combination will get me through it. Every time out I feel this may be the time my forward progress will grind to a halt and I’ll start sliding backward toward PCH.

 Today I was optimistic that my new steed, a Frankenstein of a bike, combining a Cervelo R5 frame with parts from a gift bike and a new wheel, would maybe make the climb just a tiny bit easier. It didn’t. I don’t blame the bike though. It’s a beaut. It’s just a tough road to hoe and I’m not getting any younger.

 
But I can still do it and that’s something. But whether I’ll ever cave and change gearing or just scratch La Bruja off the ride rotation is a decision I’m happy I still get to postpone for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment