Delicious
fatigue
Pours
through me like warm syrup
Through
buttermilk cakes.
Friday, October 30, 2020
Yesterday
the final race of the year that I signed up for was postponed until March. As I
view most of life, that’s a ying-yang proposition.
Ying
because it’s allowing me to get over two nagging injuries. One I’ve already
recovered from but my on again off again left foot plantar issue I’m not so
sure of. My last two long runs of 13 miles haven’t been pain free but they’ve
felt comfortable enough to where I wasn’t either wincing in pain or having to
walk to finish. Whether that would remain the case over a 50k is questionable. So
now I have some more time to try and remedy that issue.
Yang
because I enjoy competing and this virtual B.S. is ridiculous IMO (It taken me
years to understand some of these abbreviations so I’ve got to throw them in
while I can still remember them.).
Racing
is primordial. We put on our loincloths and get out there and see who’s the
best hunter. That’s both rewarding and disturbing but again, life is ying-yang
like that.
If
all’s I cared about was about getting out there or seeing how fast I am I could
virtual run on my own. In fact, in a sense, every run is a virtual run or race
of some type. And though when I do race I mainly try to focus on staying within
myself and running according to plan, having people around to compete against
is more than just useful.
And
I’m not the only one who seems to think so given the crowds around the results
board at the end of races. Where we rank among our peers is pretty meaningless
in the broad scheme of things, but irrationality doesn’t preclude individual
relevance. And that definitely includes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment