Friday, July 24, 2015

Michael: I Wish I Could Cross Train


Dandelions grow
Wildly in our garden
Frightening the grass.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

My last two injuries, one from a fall trail running and Monday’s tumble off my bike, have prevented me from cross training in peculiar ways.

After the fall from a bike you’d think I’d turn to running while a bicycle caused injury heals. But the bruise I suffered on my foot has made running too painful.

Similarly, the last time I fell running I tweaked my wrist enough to make riding very painful.

 If I had my indoor bicycle trainer here, I could hop on that, but that’s in storage in the states. So I won’t be able to ride for a week while I wait for another helmet to arrive.

I can’t jump rope yet either. That frustratingly only leaves me with upper body, core and stretching exercises for the next couple of days.

But all things considered, I can’t get too irritated at this injury induced taper.
I just wish the activities I love weren’t so selfish and would let me cross train.

No comments:

Post a Comment