Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Michael: Rural Living
Listen to the rain;
Its somber voice promises
Solitude and peace.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
This is my first experience living in a rural community. I’m enjoying it but its greatest advantage can also be seen as its largest drawback; kind of a ying/yang thing if you’re inclined to that sort of thinking. And that is living in a rural community is very isolating. For us, living in a foreign rural community, that sense of isolation is upped a notch.
Of course it’s not like I was ever entrenched in an urban lifestyle; going to the latest and greatest that Los Angeles or San Francisco had to offer. And sadly, I feel, living in a city can be even more painfully isolating than living out in the boonies.
I prefer the space and solitude that a rural community has to offer. But I do miss my family, friends, a few other acquaintances, and some of the amenities we moved away from when we came to live here. That’s why were planning a long visit back home next month. That’s why, ideally, we’d like to live both here and there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment