Monday, July 27, 2015
Michael: Other Adventures
Branches and leaves bend
Like a beautiful green wave
Over the pasture.
Sunday, July 26, 2015
Outside of the two trail races planned for back home, Kimme and I are also scheduling a 4 day fast pack trip of the Emigrant Wilderness, which sits just above the much better known Yosemite.
This will be a new type of trip for the two of us; we’ll be semi-solo hiking the middle two days. Our plan is to hike together to the center of the wilderness on the first day, then on the next two days I’m going to try and do a large figure eight around our base camp to try and cover as much of the perimeter of the wilderness as I can. I figure I’ll jog/hike between 20-30 miles per day those middle two days.
Kimme will also be on her own the middle two days and will do slightly shorter loops on different trails.
This way, every night back at camp, we can share pictures and stories of what we experienced and between the two us, pretty much cover the entire wilderness in a 4 day trip.
We’ll hike out together then head for San Francisco where Kimme will meet with old friends and I’ll run one of my favorite trails, Montarra Mountain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment