Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Michael: 1,000 Days Again a Week Ago


Solitary star
Washes away at sunrise
Like a slow tear drop.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Last week Kimme reminded me that April 6 was a good time to start a 1,000 day commitment because, if successful, the commitment would be complete on January 1, 2020.

I’d gotten a little head start by already beginning this year with at least 30 minutes of exercise every day, but I wasn’t sure I was going to again commit to string it out to 1,000 days. I’ve tried this several times since we’ve been together and the best I’ve done has been over 800 days.

After that last attempt I thought why not just commit to training wisely and staying healthy, which may require a day off here or there, or would be a more forgiving goal given how life’s circumstances can make it difficult or even counter-productive to forge ahead with this kind of commitment.

But, hell, it’s hard not to see the poetry in ending a 1,000 day commitment on the New Year of 2020, so here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment