Water in the stream;
Unseen for years of the drought
Submerges pebbles.
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Sleeping while moving isn’t something I’ve figured out yet. To try and work around that I thought I’d test out my ultra-light Klymit X-Lite sleeping mat on my long overnight layover at the San Jose airport.
The pad is so small and light it was really a no-brainer. And it did exactly what I wanted it to do; kept me comfortably off the cold airport floor. My only gripe is that lying on my back, my elbows contacted the floor but that was remedied by using my shoes as elbow cushions.
Unfortunately my sleep was still fitful due to those loud and frequently repeated airport security announcements. If I could’ve found a suggestion box I would’ve requested that those announcements should be less frequent and at a much lower volume during the pre-dawn hours. Naturally I’d expect a nurse Ratchet bureaucratic response, but dammit, at least I could say I had tried, just like my hero, McMurphy.
But the pad idea is a winner. It’s a small tight fist of packable comfort. I may even get to enjoy it out in the more tranquil wilds of the forest one of these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment