Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Michael: And One Last Little Tidbit
The deafening rain
Pummels the old metal roof
With a million fists.
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Before I leave the topic of preparing for the SBER Marathon in July, I’m going to give this one final late bloomer piece of advice; look at other race profiles and maps if they share part of the same course as yours.
If I had only looked at the elevation profile for the marathon I would’ve thought that between miles 13 and 17 were all down hill. But looking at the expanded version of the same course on the enlarged half marathon elevation profile shows that the course is actually a series of up and overs.
If I hadn’t of looked I would’ve presumed that as soon as I reached the midpoint of the marathon, and us marathoners were now sharing the same course as the halfers to the finish, I would be tilting my head slightly downhill and enjoying a long sustained downhill romp. That would’ve left me a bit puzzled and disappointed when it looks like those first 4 miles of the second half of the marathon are going to require a few short uphill pushes before we all reach that nice long 7 mile downhill jaunt to the finish.
Or at least that’s what both the profiles for the marathon and half marathon suggest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment