Friday, May 5, 2017
Michael: Two Thumbs Up and a Pecho
The day glooms over
As the heavy clouds move west
Blocking out the sun.
Thursday, May 4, 2017
Birthdays become more meager affairs in middle age; even more so when you’re living in a foreign country away from family and friends.
No cake, no presents, no Sheriff John birthday song. I haven’t checked my email to see if any of my sisses sent birthday wishes. My mom wished me happy birthday when I made my usual weekly call on Monday. We had a long standing tradition/joke that because Mother’s Day follows on the Sunday after my birthday I’d be half as generous to her on Mother’s Day so it paid for her to pay out big on my birthday. But that gag kind of falls apart when she can’t send me a present.
At least Kimme’s coming through by baking brownies and making wraps for dinner.
And today on my usual Sunday ride I got two separate thumbs up from some truckers and a shout out, something to do with “pecho”, from a cyclist heading in the opposite direction. Those gestures raised my spirits and I’m going to take them as cosmic birthday wishes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment