Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Michael: Batting 500
The ribs of heaven
Cast a white and grey shadow
On the light blue sky.
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
How hard can it be to make a dog house? That, I don’t know the answer to just yet because my first attempt failed. Fortunately, maybe?, it’s failure wasn’t ugly enough from preventing me from trying again.
After we saw a plastic dog house for sale locally for about $100, I thought that I could make a suitable dog house for well under that price. After searching Google for dog house images, I decided to go the PVC route.
So far the snag with that plan is what to use for the floor. I don’t want to use wood as it rots and molds. But the metal or plastic here that would be sturdy enough is sold in large sheets that would need to be cut and the stores here aren’t like Home Depot back in the States; they expect you to do your own cutting.
Ah ha! I’ve got it; I’ll use the lid of an old storage container for the floor. Better yet, I’ll just cut a door in an old beat up storage container and use that as the house. That almost worked, but our 60 lb. part pit bull (we’re calling her an American Staffordshire), doesn’t quite fit. Back to the drawing board. Today were headed to Pricesmart for inspiration before giving it another go. Perhaps they’ll have a slightly larger container that’ll work, or at least force me to throw in the towel and fork out the $100 bucks for that looking to be more reasonable plastic dog house.
On the other hand, Kimme has had great success with one of her DIY projects. After I saw a North Face short sleeve wind-shirt, I asked her if she could make me a similar one. That has turned out perfect and I can’t wait to show it off in the states when I warm up for the Santa Barbara Endurance Marathon next month.
As you can see by the picture, it packs down to an incredibly small package and weighs even less than it looks. I believe it’s the perfect mild weather layering piece. It’s rip stop nylon so it’s not waterproof, but it wasn’t designed to work for super cold wet conditions. But it just about invisibly works for what it was designed for. Thanks Kimme.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment