Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Michael: Zeppelin to the Rescue



The swoosh of the bird
Cutting through the high peak air
Sounds like a small jet.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

There are seemingly simple Spanish phrases, like “dale”, that we hear all the time but haven’t but I haven‘t felt secure in my understanding of until now.

From the way it’s used by the bus assistants I figured it meant something like “go” and that was confirmed by Google Translate, which translates “dale” as “go ahead.” But it wasn’t until I heard a Spanish translation of Led Zeppelin’s “You Don’t Have to Go,” that I felt I really understood what the term “dale” meant. In the translation they repeat “No dale” for the English refrain of “Don’t go.” So therefore, I presume “dale” means “go”.

Odd that it takes just a small snippet of music buried deep in my memory bank to ease my mind about what something means, but I feel much better now hearing the phase “dale”.

No comments:

Post a Comment