Saturday, March 24, 2018
Michael: Hopefully Better Than the Dream
Cinnamon bobcat
Trots into the green gully
And out the mud road.
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
For my 50th birthday I got a custom painted Guru tri-bike. I love it. I still have it. I’m going to race with it again soon.
For my upcoming 60th birthday I can’t afford to be quite as selfish. I’m still going to be selfish and I’m still going to indulge my little boy wishes to get a new bicycle, but there’s going to have to be a few compromises due to financial constraints stemming from a diminished earning capacity and increases in family obligations.
But enough of that mamby pamby real life downer stuff; what bike will I be riding for hopefully the next 10 years?
Turns out it’ll be the Cannondale Evo Hi-Mod Dura Ace 2 56cm 2017 in the Vulgar (or whatever the vug. Stands for) paint scheme.
Why? Because at just a tad over $3k, I couldn’t pass up the value. Originally I was looking at the Cannondale CAAD 12 Dura Ace Disc in the close to Vikings purple paint scheme to indulge that little boy of mine, but at nearly $1k more, the adult Michael threatened the little Monster Michael with a good whipping if he didn’t listen to reason.
Listen; even though it doesn’t have disc brakes and isn’t purple, it’s still beautiful, it’s lighter, it’s carbon fiber and you’re still getting a great gift when you really could and probably should be doing other things with your allowance.
You’re right. I shouldn’t be sulking and should be grateful. So when can I get it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment