Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Michael: A Rookie Mistake Kind of Day
Red crowned woodpecker
Perched on the no parking sign
Doesn’t seem to care.
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Driving to work on my first rainy morning back here in the states in over three years turned into quite a scary and expensive experience.
First, I cut off a young dude driving a very large pick up truck getting off on the Kanan exit ramp. How do I know he was a young dude? Because I got a close up look at his bearded personage when he followed me into the Mobil station where I stopped to get a cup of coffee and came up to me to give a blunt assessment of my driving skills.
Shortly after that as I was headed down Encinal; the short cut I’ve been taking to get to Hwy 1, I noticed several large rocks scattered across the road. I was driving too fast and it was too wet to avoid them so I proceeded to drive over a very large one with my very low to the ground and recently purchased used Honda CR-Z. Since I was able to continue to drive without any noticeable strange noises or steering irregularities, I was wiping my brow and praying that I had escaped without damage.
I had not. After work I noticed part of the undercarriage hanging on the ground. I shoved it back into place and placed a phone call to the nearest Honda dealer when I got home.
Fortunately, the damage was minor and will only require the replacement of a couple of plastic parts. At a reasonable $280 I figured I lucked out.
That will end taking that short cut and, hopefully, any other lessons I’ve forgotten since I’ve been away from driving won’t be so scary or costly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment