Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Michael: Dear Santa


Through the pine needles
A delicate whisper says
It’s time to exhale.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Recently I was asked what trail running product that I believe is missing or if there’s an existing product that could be improved upon.

A product that I would be excited about, and sadly, this shows how easily pleased I am, would be a handheld that can also be comfortably tucked into the back of my shorts after a few ounces have been drunk.

The closest bottles that have come to meeting that requirement has been the Simple Hydration bottle, but that only held 13 oz.. Hydrapak made a semi-shaped collapsible flask that also was semi-successful, but one of it’s problems is its  small opening ( though larger than most collapsible). Soft flask also tend to bounce a lot and won’t stay in place reliably.

Also, like a lot of bite valves on soft flasks, they can leak if squeezed against anything; for example, a fitted waist belt.

Whenever I can, I race without a pack. But the last time I tried the collapsible flask hand/cheek trick, I lost the flask. Fortunately, it was late in the race, it was a comfortable day, and there were enough aid stations to see me through. But if I could get away with just using short pockets and a bottle that had a decent capacity, filled easily and could comfortably be tucked into the back of my shorts after a few ounces were displaced, I’d be one happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment