Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Michael: Scorched Earth


A trickle of rocks;
A whisper from the mountains,
Otherwise silence.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The trails I work, train and race on have been engulfed by the Woolsey fire. The wellness center in Malibu where I work, fortunately, only sustained minor damage, but there’s no word on how long it’ll be before it’s up and running again.

As for myself, I love those trails and it’ll be a blessing to get back out there to them as soon as I can so I can experience their rejuvenation from scorched earth to the Mediterranean eco-system that so quickly springs to life again from a fire.

It’s simple and cold callousness to chalk up this destruction to karma. Yet the blessings and curses of nature and life are remarkable. How long the embers take to settle and how far they’ll travel, is impossible to determine at the moment. But they will come back to earth. The rains will come and those of us who are fortunate enough will again have the opportunity to work and play in the majesty of the Southern California mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment