Friday, November 9, 2018

Michael: Decisions...Decisions


The woods at twi-light
Are a mysterious place
To go for a walk.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Now that the mid-terms are over it’s time to make some important decisions; like what shoes I’m going to wear at this Saturday’s Griffith Park 30k.

I took a new pair of Salomon Sense Rides out on Monday for an hour and a half run around the park and was pretty impressed. They were a little tight in the forefoot, but otherwise I really liked them. But today, when I took them to work for a 2 hour jog + 2 hour walk, my heals were in a bit of pain, my feet felt a bit more pinched and my right little pinky was crying wee…wee…wee all the way home.

I’m not completely giving up on the Sense’s; maybe they just need a bit more brake in, or Super Feet Green insoles. But for Saturday’s race I’m going with my tried and true Hoka Torrent’s. The tread is a bit overkill for the trails the race is on, and I’m not overly keen on all the road surface they’ll have to negotiate, but those will be small sacrifices if the Torrent’s keep my feet as happy as they did at Rocky Peaks.

After that I’ll see if the Senses are salvageable, and if not I’ll look into some other shoes.

I feel fortunate in having found one set of glass slippers in the Torrent’s, but for the 100k I plan on doing in February, I want another Cinderella to show up. Greedy I know, but I’m a tenderfoot and I just believe that changing shoes after several hours has a lot of benefits for my old muscles and joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment