Saturday, November 24, 2018

Michael: That Time of Year


A dog’s loyalty;
Our responsibility;
Is a bizarre love.

Friday, November 23, 2018

 Halloween through Christmas are treacherous times for an athlete; particularly an older athlete.

For most of the year my weight is pretty stable and for the many years now I’ve been able to hold my seasonal weight gain down to a decent 5 lbs. This year, with my part time work as a hiking guide 4 days a week, I thought I’d be able to get through this time of year without any weight gain, which would set me up for a great start to the new year.: particularly as I’m committed to running a 100k in February.

But now with my job having gone up in flames I’m going to have a lot more free time on my hands. And those hands, particularly now, are prone to reaching out for sweets when they’re within range.
Work, in my case, not only was an enjoyable 4 hours on my feet, it kept my hands well away from any temptations.

Now I’ve got to deal with good old self discipline, which has never been my strong suit when it comes to Christmas indulgences. And if Thanksgiving was any indication, I’m not off to a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment