Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Michael: A Twofer


 The contours of you
Are as tantalizing as
A double scoop cone.

Monday, May 25, 2020

Is faith as essential as a haircut? I’m not much of a believer, but I do have a decent amount of hair left, so I’m going to say no. If it were the other way around I might think differently.

Now my wife is cutting my hair at home and I suppose if you were inclined to pray, you could do the same.

In my way of life a haircut has never been a communal activity whereas religion did revolve around a weekly communal schedule of events. Not of my own volition mind you. Yet as a former Catholic my stained glass spirit begrudgingly sympathizes with those whom feel compelled to visit their chosen purification centers where some old man rewards them with a bland thin mint for listening to his Latin chants for an hour.

My idea is that Trump should propose a twofer; return to church with the promise of a hydrochloroquine communal wafer. That way you get to affirm both your faith in God and in your president. Both of them work in mysterious ways and also promise to never let you down. It’s a win – win.

No comments:

Post a Comment