Friday, November 17, 2017
Michael: The Grand Total
It is beautiful;
The afternoon rain’s patter
A frenzy of peace.
November 12, 2017
On Friday I went to the dentist and had the small chip filled in from my bicycle accident 5 weeks ago. That brings to an end the medical procedures necessary to complete my recovery. The cost was $30 bringing the grand total medical costs to $585.
Outside of the medical cost, I’m replacing my helmet, a jersey and gloves. The costs of those items are $110 plus whatever shipping and customs will be.
At the moment the package from the states is being held up in a catch 22 in customs in Panama City. Customs wants an invoice of the goods, which is inside the box that I’d prefer they not open as it also contains a cashier’s check and a few other small items that could be easily lost. I’m sure I’ve gone through this before but I don’t recall how it was resolved. I’m hoping I can take care of it at the local office of the shipping company, Air Box Express. and they’ll convince customs to just take my word for what’s inside. That’ll be tomorrow’s living overseas adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment