Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Michael: Spoiled


Rumble rumble car
Brings the music up the road
Before fading away.

Friday, November 25, 2017

For the most part, we’ve have been very lucky in our three years in Volcan to only have one really close neighbor, and that’s been our very good landlord. But that’s changing now, and though it’s understandable that a property owner isn’t going to let a house sit vacant just so I can have peace and quiet, I do find the prospect of new neighbors irritating.

At the moment it’s kind of hard to tell exactly who our new neighbors are. For the first few days there have been four adult women, two men, two children and a dog in and out of the less then 1,000 sq. foot casita. I’m sure most of them are family members just staying there the first few days to  help with the move in, but only time will tell who will end up there. I’m rooting for an older couple without the kids or the dog, but we’ll just have to see how it shakes out.

Looking at the good news/ bad news ledger at the start; The dog barks a lot. Maybe it’ll settle down once it’s familiar with it’s surroundings, or maybe it’s just a short term visitor, but I doubt that. On the good news side, at least they’ve been taking it in at night so it doesn’t bark through the night.

They also haven’t cranked up any tunes to work to. Living with a booming base beat is and always has been my concept of hell. It’s encouraging that  no one there seems to have a boom box. That doesn’t mean it’ll stay that way, but at least they don’t seem addicted to living to a loud rhythm like so many people are no matter where I’ve lived.

It’s possible that we have at least a good nine months left here. We’ve lived the majority of that in peace. I hope our good fortune will continue and our new neighbors will be as respectful of our privacy as we will be of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment