Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Michael: A Field Trip for Christmas
Bearded chins and horns
With slanted eyes like the devil;
Goats are bizarre beasts.
Monday, December 25, 2017
It’s been quite a while since I’ve been on a good old fashioned field trip, probably not as long as most since I was an elementary teacher just 5 years ago, and it was a real treat not be responsible for a bunch of excited little kiddies on a bus and at a museum for a change. And as a bonus, this was my first tour of a real good old fashioned small working farm.
Goats are not all that common here in Panama as this is by and large cattle country, and even in the states I never got up close and personal with the funky looking beasts. But Marta, the farmer along with her husband, seems to really enjoy their 40 animals along with all the challenges of building and growing a small profitable business.
Their goals are to eventually establish their farm as a eco/tourist and educational center. I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to visit Panama for a week or weekend working with goats. Not that hanging around them for a few hours was off putting at all, but I’m not a country boy by nature. But if I was, they do have a beautiful set up and I hope it grows into the venture they are dreaming it will become.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment