Friday, December 29, 2017
Michael: Progressive Resolutions
Beautiful white skies
With luminous blue holes
Letting in moonshine.
Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Before I race in the states in May I plan on loosing my 5 traditional holiday pounds. This usually isn’t a problem as just as the holidays end, the dry season begins here and it’s much easier to get out on longer rides and runs.
But just to make it interesting and try to speed the process along, I’m going to up the ante and incentivize the process by doing something I don’t believe I’ve ever tried before; give up chocolate!
However, if haven’t lost the weight by the end of February, I’m going to throw in another gut wrenching (pun intended) resolution and vow to cut my panaderia pastry indulgence from four down to two. Right now I go treat myself when I go to the gym and after a bike ride. I’ll cut out the pastries on gym days after February if I’m I don’t hit the scale below a sleek 145.
These sacrifices will be the most tangible changes I’ve ever made to demonstrate to myself how serious I am about competing this year. The small rewards of chocolate and sweet bread have long been an everyday treat in my life. Maybe I could give them up forever, but I’m sure hoping I don’t have to choose for long between giving them up and getting back to my race weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment