Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Michael: Kicking the Resolution Tires
The clouds and the stars
Restless in the dark morning
Waiting for the dawn.
Saturday, December 2, 2017
This year I’ve decided to get a jump on a few new year’s resolutions by trying them out in December. That way if they don’t take hold I won’t have to claim them on my resolution deduction form for 2018.
On the dietary side, I’m going to go without cheese and yogurt and see what happens. I’m also going to stick to 5 mini pieces of chocolate a night. If I can hold to those, this might actually turn out to be the first December where I was able to lose weight.
On the exercise end of the scale, I’d like to start doing one long ride and run again every week. That should also help with the body fat percentage which I’d be overjoyed with I could ever get it to dip under 11% again.
Those are the easy resolutions to think of and implement. I do have some work related/ mental challenges in the works, but I haven’t solidified them into concrete performance statements or result standards as of yet except for my resolution to do daily deep breathing and posture exercises to replace the 5 minutes of daily meditation I gave up on a few months ago.
And on the spiritual front, I haven’t ever been very successful at developing, let alone implementing, any resolutions worth mentioning. And maybe that’s not so troubling as it’s hard to think of spiritual resolutions to be as visceral as physical challenges like not eating cheese. Like would it make sense to say that I’m going to withhold 10% of my sarcastic thoughts at least until the president has completely finished whatever mangled message he’s trying to convey?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment