Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Michael: The Failure




Let sleeping dogs lie.

What else are you going to do with them

As the days heat up?

 Tuesday, March 3, 2020



On Saturday I ran 40 miles. I was suppose to run for 60. That’s what I signed up for. That goes in the books as a DNF. In this case though that’s getting off lightly. A DNF should be reserved for injuries or some other intervening circumstance that prevents continuing. What I did is an AQ – Actively Quit.



I was only able to focus for 6 ½ hours. Very disappointing, though I’m not going to dwell on that for long or plot out any redemption race anytime soon. I’m going to shift gears and focus on shorter race goals.



In the months ahead I plan on running under 20 minutes in a road 5k, a 5:30 road mile and a 1:25 half marathon. That’s going to involve a few tweaks to my training plan with more emphasis on speed work.



To that affect I’m going to start doing SIT workouts on the Woodway treadmill at work twice a week while also continuing my regular once a week speedwork.



When I was growing up there was a goofy T.V. show called the 6 Million Dollar Man. His credo was, “faster, stronger, better.” I’m trying not to be “slower, weaker, older.” I couldn’t get it done last Saturday, but I can’t pout about that for long. Unfortunately, unlike Steve Austin, I don’t have the healthcare coverage to help out with the upgrades done to him. I’ve got to do it the old fashioned grandpa Seinfeld trainer way. Not pretty but hopefully not completely comical either.

No comments:

Post a Comment