Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Michael: A Quasi Ambassador





Tears, rain, mud and stones;

There is so much I could see

And not see coming. 

 Sunday, March 22, 2020



When I broke my nearly three month spending blockade on Saturday, I also edged toward breaking my exclusive relationship with Ultraspire hydration products.



I say edged toward because even though I bought another company’s pack; it’s just slightly out of the capacity range of Ultraspire. I bought a Montane Razor 15 from Enwild for $80. The largest pack Ultraspire makes is 14 liters.



When I signed up to be an ambassador I promised to only use Ultraspire hydration packs. And they do make great packs for a very wide range of applications. And Even if I wasn’t getting 50% off, they’d still be worth considering for anything but multi-day fastpack or hiking trips.



But even if the purchase of the Montane doesn’t technically count, sooner or later I will more than likely purchase another brand’s product. Not because Ultraspire’s packs are falling behind. I just feel at this stage of the game I’m going to try to be very choosey about buying any pack and when I do I’m going to purchase the best pack that suits my needs. That may be Ultraspire; it may not.



 Of course costs is always a factor, and it’s hard to walk away from 50% off very good and competitive products. But I just don’t feel I need the ego strokes of being an ambassador.



Also, I agreed to Facebook about my races, and I’m not really much of a Facebook person. I haven’t friended anybody or posted any pictures. Outside of a few comments to others and noting my results I’ve pretty much stayed away from it. I guess I’m just old in that regard and would rather just keep in contact with people I know.



Signing up really was more about my ego than about Ultraspire. But I do really enjoy their products and won’t shy away from them in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment