Thursday, March 19, 2020

Michael: Jump Start





The silver linings

Behind these ominous clouds

Are disappearing. 

 Thursday, March 19, 2020



Within a little over a two term presidential span we are facing our second huge economic crises requiring massive government intervention to save the economy. It appears that in both cases what will be done will be enough to jump start this older, harder to keep running jalopy, down the road until the next crises comes our way and we’re asked once again to “all” sacrifice, get behind our old beloved Family wagon and push even harder this time round.



With the elections coming whoever’s going to be driving us next are not going to make the fundamental changes required. Neither Trump nor Biden will. The only reason to vote for either is the Supreme court. I lean left so I’ll vote for Biden. But I don’t see that as fundamentally different than voting for any other Democrat other than Bernie or perhaps Warren. That’s not happening so…



So unless we all, and by all I mean the vast majority of Americans who are continually being asked to get behind this ever demanding old vehicle to get out and push, stop and say the hell with it. It’s time we find a new vehicle that’ll work for all of us. We’re going to be asked to keep pushing until we’re “all” abandoned on the shoulder of our highway with our thumbs out while the wealthy get Ubered the hell away from us poor desperate crazy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment