The heat radiates
Enveloping my body
As if I were loved.
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Right before the CV hit, I had already committed to cutting back on my post workout ritual of consuming a vending machine candy bar and substituting a post workout drink mix from Men’s Science. I was about one workout into that routine when we shutdown.
At that point I hadn’t considered that the CV would effect my usual routine of snagging a coffee and Danish after my bike rides, but on Sunday, regardless of whether I could snag a take out from Starbucks or Vintage Grocery, I thought that would be kind of a thoughtless indulgence of me to just go into a store and break the social isolation mandate for needless calories.
So perhaps this continuing CV cleanse will allow me to continue upgrading my diet by breaking my habit of after bike ride caffeine and chocolate infusion. We’ll see how long this last and when it’s over whether I’ll be able, in my weakened post exercise state, to refrain from walking away from my bike into the aromatic magnetic draw of one of the truly overlooked benefits of riding – the post ride warmth of black gold and deep brown heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment