Sunday, October 23, 2016
Michael: Slipping Away
Patches of blue sky
Wave through the white clouded quilt
That lies above us.
Saturday, October 22, 2016
Just as I was about to put on my kit and go for a bike ride it started to rain. I never enjoyed riding in the rain in the States because it could get pretty cold and miserable out there. Here, it’s not so much the cold as it is not being able to see or be seen if it starts to rain really hard. So I put my lounge attire back on and thought of how I should make use of the extra time and energy I had on my hands.
But I didn’t really think that hard about it. I let myself wander through the news, read a chapter of a drawing book, doodled a bit, did a few Spanish lessons, though mostly I just wandered through some trail shoe reviews and a few Kills videos.
I suppose I let the day slip away from me. Maybe I should feel guilty about that, but I’m going to try hard not to. Discipline is great but there’s something to be said for just letting the mind wander every once in a rainy morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment