Saturday, October 1, 2016
Michael: For Once I Can't Blame Panama
Almost a clear night;
Where the sequined stars shining
In a black spotlight.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
This morning I went to read the news on my tablet and the internet wouldn’t come up. All right, what was it this time, electrical storm, dairy truck some new Panamanian gremlin?
No, not this time. This time it was my tablet. My lap top is working fine. Now to try and trouble shoot. First off I was advised to make sure the airplane mode was turned off. Check.
Next, I was supposed to make sure the radio from the internet adapter was on. That was a bit more problematic as neither the computer nor nextbook informed me how to do that. Nor did either of them explain why the small bar icon for the internet was replaced with a box with a microphone and a red x. I’m presuming that is the check to see if the adapter is transmitting. But that’s just a guess as the icon isn’t explained in either the paper or on-line guide.
Stumbling around a bit further my computer said that the wireless driver wasn’t functioning, but again didn’t suggest a solution: download another, ask a friend, trash the cheap piece of junk…
But I really have grown quite fond of it and would like to get it up and running again, so I called tech. support. It’s been a long time since I listened to over a half hour of uninterrupted classical music.
Thought I’d try sending an email instead. They’re suppose to get back to me in 24 hours. The clock is ticking.
And speaking of clocks ticking…During a frustration break I decided to replace the battery on my Timex Ironman watch. Turns out it’s rather a delicate soul for having the moniker of Ironman. This is the second Timex watch where after replacing the battery the sound alarm stopped working.
That’s alarm is why I use the watch. This also seems to be a very common problem, though a google search (on my keeping my fingers crossed operable lap top) suggested maybe I put the back panel on backward and turning it around might fix the problem. Success.
So my 8 hours of tech. work today wasn’t a complete failure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment