Thursday, October 13, 2016
Michael: A Warranty Conundrum
This is the silence
Where nothing but a heartbeat
Is making a sound.
Tuesday, October 12, 2016
Here’s a problem I hadn’t thought about when we moved to Panama. What do I do when my Nextbook malfunctions and needs to be repaired or replaced?
First thing I did was contact NextbookUSA. They tried to replace the malfunctioning driver over the net. That failed.
No problem, just mail it to them and they’ll repair or replace it. If I were in the states that wouldn’t be much more than a few weeks inconvenience, but mailing it from Panama makes the cost of replacing it just about equal to the cost of buying a new tablet here.
At Target it cost $220. To mail it to Nextbook in California would cost $175 through DHL. And though Nextbook will mail it to a forwarder in the states at no cost, I’ll have to pay for the shipping back to Panama. That means it’s pretty close to a wash as far as costs goes.
At this point I’m hoping I can find a technician here who can bring it back to life.
And so goes another little life lesson in the unexpected adventures of living overseas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment