Friday, January 5, 2018

Michael: Cheating the Scale


No name butterflies;
Black, blue, orange, or yellow,
Never seem to mind.

Wednesday, January 3, 2017

Only three days into the New Year and already I’ve lost two pounds and am just about half way to my goal of weighing under 145. I thought it was going to at least take a couple of months before I could resume my life long daily indulgence of chocolate.

Of course, while technically true; I could make the weight shortly through an old boxer’s trick, I’ve decided to fine tune my resolution just a painful tad and only count my weight on Tuesday morning.

Why? Because if I wanted to be sneaky I could weigh myself Sunday afternoon after a long Saturday ride followed by my every other week Sunday 6 hour trail run, and if I were tight on my water and food intake that weekend, I’m guessing I could get the scale to give me winning numbers. But that wouldn’t be in the spirit under which I made the resolution. Mondays are a very light recovery day where I should have gained most of my water weight back. That’s why Tuesday morning is a more true reflection of my weight.

It all sounds so noble, but it’s really in my best interest to get an accurate result and fight fare and square to get to my prime race weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment