Now that I live in Panama and feel more distanced from my mom, I am looking for other ways to connect to her so I decided to try adding in a meditation practice. I knew I could spend months sorting through all the meditations I could choose from so I decided that I was going to pick one that had the basic elements of meditation that my mom does... an intention, a specific time limit, breath, pose, gaze and mudra. I know from my past experience of trying to settle on a meditation that I have a tendency to over research and jump around and want to try every new thing I hear about so I promised that I would do this one for 21 straight days before trying something else. I have made it through my initial trial period and think I chose the right for now. Other than wanting to have another thing in common with my mom, I have no specific goal for this new habit. It will be interesting for me to see how this ritual evolves over time. It seems that the only habits that are sustainable in the long run are the ones that I learn to really enjoy and have some sort of profound meaning for me.
| My mom starting her morning meditation. |
No comments:
Post a Comment