Friday, August 7, 2015

Michael: Half the Equation


Nearby there’s a bird
That sounds like a squeaky door.
It’s quite distinctive.


Tuesday, August 4, 2015

We now have a scale that is at least consistent if not precisely accurate. It says I weigh 138 lbs and am 12% body fat. Is that my ideal weight?

Not according to racingweight.com. That website’s calculator says I should aim for 136 lbs. and 10% body fat. Though in his book of nearly the same name, Race Weight,  McMillan says that for my age, body weight, and body fat percentage, the way to determine my ideal weight is to find out what weight I perform best at.

I’m going to do both; aim for those numbers and race to see how I do at 136 lbs. If I don’t do well or start to get sick or feel weak, I’ll let my weight float back up a little.

If I reach 136 lbs. that’ll mean I’ll have lost 9 lbs since moving to Panama. That I can attribute to cleaning up my diet, which is largely due to Kimme, tweaking my exercise program, walking around much more than I did in the states, and sleeping better. Though I would still like to work on sleeping longer more consistently.

At slightly over 5’10” tall, 136 lbs. is as low as I believe I should ever go and I doubt I’ll stay there for long. But if I can maintain or improve my strength, lose a bit of body fat, race better and not jeopardize my health, I’m determined to find out if that’s the weight that best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment