Friday, August 21, 2015
Michael: Trifecta
A buzzard is bland,
But a Black Vulture is an
Ominous creature.
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Packing for our trip back to the states, I noticed my old I-Pod in the back of a drawer. I loaded a few of my favorite Cds on it years ago. The only time I listened to it was before a race or at the gym. I haven’t been to the gym in years and it’s been 8 months since I’ve raced in the states, so I wasn’t sure it would still work, but after a days charge it’ll play, though once I shut it off, I’ve got to recharge it for another day before it’ll play again.
With two races coming up in the states in the next few weeks, I’m going to bring it along despite it’s being near death. I forgot what a buzz I get out of certain songs before a race. Blind by the Talking Heads, Seven Nation Army by Jack White, and Ready, Steady, Go by I can’t remember, are particular favorites and really get me in the mood to move.
The last song is the only one that provokes strong visual imagery. That’s because I first heard it while watching one of my favorite movies; Collateral. The song is used in the scene where bad ass hit man Tom Cruise works his way through a night club ignoring the gyrating hips of some Asian babes on his way to assassinate another informant.
Sometimes that’s the character I want to be while I’m racing; a very focused bad ass runner who will accomplish his mission regardless of the obstacles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment