Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Michael: Weight
The trees and wires draw
Lines between the glass and bars
That stand between us
.
Monday, August 3, 2015
Outside of being a vegetarian, which I became for ethical reasons, I have never been on a diet or read a diet book. But that doesn’t mean I’m not concerned about my weight. As an older endurance athlete I know there are only two ways I can improve or maintain my performance as I age. One is to get stronger and the other is to stay light. Today we’re going shopping in David to address both those issues.
To get stronger I’m hoping to find a heavier kettle bell. I’ve been using a light bell to learn the fundamental moves. Now that I’ve got those down, it’s time to up the ante and challenge myself a bit more.
We’re also going to get an accurate scale. The one we’ve been using was here when we moved in and is both inaccurate and erratic. It usually pegs me at 60 kilos ( 132 lbs.), which isn’t correct. At a doctor’s visit, her scale had me at 142, which sounds about right.
Before we go back to the states in a couple of weeks we’d both like to know what our weight is. If I could tip the scales close to 140 I’d be pretty happy. That would mean a 5 lb. weight loss since we’ve been here. By the end of the day I should know.
Now is that my ideal weight? For me there’s only one way to find out and that’s to race. I feel the mirror and our eyes can deceive us. Let the numbers and performance objectively inform us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment