Friday, August 14, 2015

Michael: Alone


Neglected half moon
Wanders through the opaque sky
Like a lost shadow.

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Today, for the first time we’ve been in Panama, Kimme’s running alone. We’ve been consistently running four days a week here and have always started and finished together, but today I’m bowing out due to injury.

I know I shouldn’t worry. Kimme ran alone a lot in L.A. even after we met, and the streets of L.A. are far busier and chaotic than the small town of Volcan, which doesn’t even have a traffic light. But I do worry.

I guess I’m getting a taste of my own medicine. Kimme says she worries every time I go out on a bike ride. Heck, I can understand that. I worry too.

I suppose that’s one small annoyance of not having a car. We can’t come to each other’s rescue. But I’ll know where she is and she won’t be far away if she calls. If necessary I could always take a taxi or hobble over to meet her if anything happens. But it won’t. She’ll have a very enjoyable run like always and I’ll do a kettle bell workout to pass the time until she returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment