Friday, August 28, 2015

Michael: I Love...



The trees behind bars
Keep me inside where I’m safe
From their jagged limbs.

Saturday, August 16, 2015

Every once in a great while I find myself singing about something to the tune of Donovan’s I Love My Shirt. “I love my bike. I love my bike. My bike is so comfortably lovely.” I don’t have the light gay British accent that Donovan does, but you get the picture.

And for the most part, I do love my bike with two caveats; 1, It’s got a very bland paint job and 2, it’s classified as an Endurance Road bike.

I hadn’t heard of that category until I went bike hunting again. I think it really should be called Old Wanna Be Racers But Don’t Have the Flexibility Anymore to Use a True Racing Bike category, but I guess they were afraid that asking for that would take the wind out of us old farts.

But my bike rides great, was under $3k, and has hydraulic disc brakes, so I guess I’ll keep humming that old Donovan tune every time I think about it. I suppose choosing that tune is a good indicator that I also chose the right category of bike.  

No comments:

Post a Comment