Thursday, October 22, 2015

Michael: Toilet Tissue Issues


The clear sparkles flash
On the black asphalt: jewels
From the cold dark skies.

Monday, October 18, 2015

This is a subject I’m only going to talk about once. I don’t like bathroom talk, not among friends or enemies and particularly not with someone of the opposite sex that I would like to be involved with intimately. It spoils the sense of mystery for me that I believe helps maintain a sense of romance in a relationship. But yesterday, after the toilet almost overflowed, the subject had to be addressed.

There is a small waste basket that sits beside the toilet that I was pretty sure, by how quickly it’s been filling up, Kimme was using after urinating. But was she always using it or just occasionally? She said she was always using it and not just for urinating, but for all of her toilet tissue related functions.

She just excepted that that’s the way things were done here and was surprised I didn’t know that as well. She asked if I hadn’t noticed that when I used any of the public bathrooms. No, I hadn’t. I don’t make a habit of using public toilets and if I do, I only use a urinal. For me, non-domicile toilets are worse than road kill. I don’t want to see them or even glance in their direction if I can at all avoid it.

I also didn’t realize that toilet paper was a problem if you have a septic tank. Again, one of those live and learn kind of things.

I’ve never used a trash can for such matters, but if it would save our toilet from overflowing and extend the use of the septic tank, I suppose I’m going to have to reconsider.

All right, enough of that. But I don’t believe I’ve read International Living talk about this when they talk about retiring overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment