Monday, October 19, 2015
Michael: Volcanoes
The cattle being
Shuttled down the road kindly
Stepped aside for me.
Friday, October 16, 2015
Volcanoes have managed to play more of a role in my adult life than I ever thought they would when I was growing up in Southern California. Currently, I’m living under one. As an elementary teacher I would have to constantly admonish students that volcano displays were not acceptable science fair projects. They were not experiments and did not demonstrate their understanding of the scientific method.
Now, via Hulu, Best Buy is haunting me with an idiotic commercial showing a girl creating a dud of a volcano in front of her father. Instead of slapping her and feeling embarrassed that he hasn’t taken enough interest in her schooling to question her about what she’s being taught about science, he takes her to Best Buy to buy a new T.V. that will take her idiotic project and, through the marvel of its clarity and vivid colors, turn it into a winner at the science fair.
I don’t know who to ironically laugh at more; the girl, the father, Best Buy, or me for watching and getting so angry over and over again at the idiocy of this commercial.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment