Monday, February 8, 2016

Michael: The Crew Checklist


The small yellow leaves
Blanket the road like gold coins
Welcoming the king.

Thursday, February 4, 2016

There are plenty of race checklist on line, but I didn’t find one that addresses the unique aspect of the race I’m doing, the Sycamore 100k. In this race, the crew stays still and we loop around to meet them every 7 ½ miles. I did find some very comprehensive lists at ultrunr.com, and used some of their suggestions to cobble together the following checklist which pertains specifically to the needs for my crew (Kimme) for this race.

Crew Checklist:

The Station-
  Tent
  Pegs
  Hammer
  Foam pad
  Sleeping bag or blanket
  Pillow
  Chair

Other related supplies-
  Alarm clock
  Flashlight and/or headlamp
  Duct tape
  Maps
  Money
  Identification
  Phone/camera
  Entertainment - Ipad, music, writing pad & pen.
  First aid kit (shared with racer)
  Extra toilet paper
  Hand sanitizer
  towel

The essentials-
  Food for the day
  Hydration for the day
  Change of clothes
  Running attire to pace.
  Pack

And last but not least -
  Race plan
  Patience
  Positive attitude

Hope that covers it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I overlooked something obvious. Still plenty of time to update if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment