Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Michael: A Reminder
The morning belongs
To the voices rising in
The moon’s silhouette.
Saturday, January 30, 2016
This Friday we decided to skip the usual social/shopping event that is the small farmers market at Mana’s restaurant, but that didn’t prevent me from running into a person I hadn’t seen in quite a while who brings a sense of foreboding with him.
Last July, 6 weeks before we visited the states, I had a bicycle accident when I hit a freshly cut down tree branch. I was lucky to get out of that with only a bruised foot. The workers that cut the branch called their boss and he gave me a ride home.
Yesterday, 4 weeks before we again return to the states, I saw this man for the first time since the accident at the bank. He was very happy to see me and asked how I was doing. I’m not exactly sure why, but at that instant I was very happy to see him as well. You would think that running into a person who, although indirectly, was associated with a pretty scary event in your life might cause a bit of consternation, particularly as I again approach another visit to the states.
But I’m going to try not to read too much into it. I’m still planning to get out on my bike. Perhaps seeing this man again was meant to remind me how fortunate I am or how whimsical the fates can be. Like I said, I’m not going to try and let it throw me off (pun intended).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment