The trees lean away
From the ceaseless howl coming
From the volcano.
Monday, February 8, 2016
This is one of those small “Do as I say, not as I do.” cautionary tales.
On Kimme’s long journey to Taiwan, she made two very smart decisions; one, to bring healthy snacks with her for her long layovers, and two, choosing an aisle seat. Unfortunately, I only absorbed one of those lessons.
Usually, when I fly, I rely on airport food which is expensive, generally not healthy and/or not a part of my normal diet, and as a consequence, I end up over-indulging. Along with the reduced physical activity and all of the other changes involved in travel, not the wisest way to go. So on my upcoming trip to L.A. I’m going to bag some healthy fare and not rely so heavily on what’s at the airport food court.
I wish I would’ve been as wise when it came to choosing my seat. But without thinking I chose window seats on the two longest legs of the flight to L.A. Why? Because part of me is still a child and is fascinated by flight and likes to look out the window. But, like Kimme, I should’ve chosen aisle seats so I can get up and move around without bothering other people.
Live and learn I suppose. But I’ve done enough of the living part that I should’ve learned both of these lessons by now.
No comments:
Post a Comment