Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Michael: Opening Statements
Portrerillos is
Like the old Orange County
I knew as a boy.
Saturday, February 13, 2016
I’ve been enjoying watching the presidential debates. But one criticism I read that I agree with is there’s no need to include opening statements. To that affect I propose one of the moderators read the following opening statement before the remaining debates and the candidates can just nod their heads in agreement then get on with it.
Moderator: I believe the programs I’m proposing are best suited to advance our country and I am the best person to implement these proposals. Please examine my ideas carefully. Please examine my record carefully. If I’m mistaken, or can be shown a better way forward, I will readily make changes. If any of my opponents can clearly demonstrate they would better serve our country as president, I will happily step aside and support them. Thank you.
Now cue the candidates to nod and don’t turn on their microphones until after the first question.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment