Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Michael: $27?
Close your eyes and feel
The tide of your breath moving
Over the still shores.
Monday, February 15, 2016
Ironically, after moving out of the country, this is the first election where I’ve felt strongly enough to make a political contribution to a U.S. politician.
I should have before. Their have been plenty of worthwhile candidates since I began voting in 76, though my favorites have always been eliminated before the California primary was held. This time I decided not to wait until the candidates got that far west.
I donated $27 to Bernie’s campaign. $27 seems like an odd amount, but if you go to his website that is one of the amounts you can click on. I don’t understand why that amount as opposed to $25, but some statistician must’ve come up with it. It does help explain why Bernie is always citing that number during the debates as his average campaign contribution.
Maybe since I now live in the Eastern time zone my political clock has been re-set, or maybe it’s one of those signs of aging things. At least being here in Panama I won’t be expected to do any canvassing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment