Thursday, March 17, 2016
Michael: R.A.T.s
This mid-day blanket
Of thick gray air calms the wind
With a heavy heat.
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Last week while riding up a very steep hill I thought I must be really tired because it felt like I had a flat. Turns out I had a flat.
Fortunately, it was one of those small pin prick flats so I got home without having to change the tire. Not that I haven’t gotten fairly decent at quick roadside fixes, but this was my first flat in over a year living here and I’m now riding a bike with a brake and axle system (R.A.T.) I’ve never used before.
Like all boys with their new toys when I first got the bike I played with it a bit both for fun and to familiarize myself with the system, but then after months of no problem riding I just took it for granted that a flat wasn’t going to happen.
Will I learn from this and practice on a regular basis so I can ride stress free and be prepared in case I suffer a more debilitating rupture? I’m going to say yes and actually try to believe that’s the truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment