Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Michael: Banana Bread as the Proof of God's Exitstence
Sangre del Toro
Is a fistful of black bird
With a bright red cape.
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
When a day can meander on its own and somehow manage to end where it began, that’s a real thrill. I don’t see it as a sign that there’s cosmic goddess and I’ve just got a peek at the lace of her lingerie, but it is an unusual and worthwhile treat.
Kimme and I had one of those full circle days yesterday. It started with her making a casual observation about how few clothes we’ll need to replace here, and ended with us almost randomly viewing a you tube presentation on minimalism.
As we wind down our day Kimme makes dinner and I go through a flexibility routine. As background entertainment we’ve been alternating between listening to podcasts about meditation and interviews of ultra marathon athletes. Kimme allowed me to choose but instead of loading up one of Ginger Runner’s interviews, I decided to take a break from the ultra scene and see if google and you tube could offer up any interesting selections on diet and exercise.
I went through one short Ted Talk presented by a fireman about the advantages of vegetarianism. After that ended the usual diorama of similar talks popped up, and I chose another short talk on diet.
At this point Kimme would normally call me to dinner and we’d sit down and have a quiet meal and chat. But yesterday Kimme decided to make banana bread with the abundance of over ripe bananas growing from our trees and the bread inside the oven overflowed causing some of the dough to quickly burn and spread quite a bit of noxious banana bread fumes throughout the kitchen making her sick enough to not want to continue cooking.
So instead of sitting down at the table together, I suggested that she not worry about it and get out of the kitchen, put her feet up and relax and we’d watch a few more snippets together and see how she felt after taking in some fresh air. Two degrees of separation later and we were munching on some delicious banana muffins and watching two dudes talk about how embracing minimalism had changed their lives.
A very cosmically entertaining day that started off with a casual conversation about only needing to replace underwear and socks, and ending via burnt bread and you tube, with a talk about minimalism. Maybe there is a god with a little wry sense of humor up there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment